Paraguay national flag to be changed

Discussions on flags used in the Americas (South America, Central America, the Caribbean and North America)
Leonardo Piccioni

Paraguay national flag to be changed

Postby Leonardo Piccioni » 20 Jul 2013 17:25

A decree by Paraguayan president introduced a new depiction of the seal present on the flag of Paraguay, more similar to the one used when the flag was originally adopted, in 1842. Statal institutions have a 90-days deadline to acquire new flags. [Link]

Obverse:

Reverse:

I think the previous, more colorful, depiction was better. What do you think?
Visit my blogs about flags: Create/Recreate - Flags, etc. | Flag Review |Flags of U.S. States.
Visit the Vexillology Wiki, an initiative to propagate American and Canadian flag proposals.

vexilo

Re: Paraguay national flag to be changed

Postby vexilo » 20 Jul 2013 20:56

At the risk of being predictable I think it matters little whatever seal is on this flag - it is a wholly indistinct and unmemorable design. If there is a plan to change the flag then they should do it properly and get a bold, bright and distinct new flag not just tinker about with little bits of script or illustrations on a circle that can't be seen from more than a few steps away.

Leonardo Piccioni

Postby Leonardo Piccioni » 21 Jul 2013 03:04

Going a little off-topic, I think Paraguay should adopt this design, in obverse and reverse, using historically relevant Paraguayan republican symbolism:

paraguai1.png

Being a little more audacious:

paraguai2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Visit my blogs about flags: Create/Recreate - Flags, etc. | Flag Review |Flags of U.S. States.
Visit the Vexillology Wiki, an initiative to propagate American and Canadian flag proposals.

Leonardo Piccioni

Postby Leonardo Piccioni » 22 Jul 2013 03:11

A better depiction of the second variant (now my favorite), thanks to Wikimedia Commons stock:
paraguai2_b.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mboro

Postby mboro » 20 Feb 2014 11:44

Well, despite the CoA change (and official flag too), the athletes still compete under old one – Sochi Olympics Opening Ceremony:

:shock:

VoronX

Postby VoronX » 07 Mar 2014 14:40

I agree with Vexilo - it's still the Netherlands with a seal.

Return to “Americas”