Flags on Japanese Military sake cups

Discussions on flags used in Asia and the Middle East.
Kjell

Flags on Japanese Military sake cups

Postby Kjell » 20 Dec 2016 16:30

Hello!
I´m a new member here and would like to tell why I joined the forum.
I have been collecting militaria since I was a boy. Everything from guns and medals to flags. The last 12-14 years I have consentrated on Japanese sake cups, bottles and related items, from 1894 to 1945. Flag occors frequently on these, ofcorse mostly the Hinumaru flag together with Army or Navy War flags, but also with a puppet stats flag. Like Manchuko, Hopei or Nanking. From 1900 -1920´s, Allied flags was shown together with Japanese flags. Also the enemys flags were shown, ofcorse not with the same respect as Alied flags.
pic.1 I´m seeking information on the flag shown here. The writing on top line says; Manchu Borde Deference Unit / Garnison. The falg is not the usual five colored Manchuko flag. I wiil bee very grateful for any information or sugestin on this.
Pic. 2: The flag to the left belongs to The Arnys Signal Corps, but does anyone know the origion of the symbol ? ( The shape inside the star is a battery , also one of the Signal Corps insignias. Used on collars.)
Pic. 3. Again the Signal Corps flag to the left, but have anyone seen the on to the right? I´s very rare to find a cup with this flag, I got two and I have seen one more in ten years. The incriptions on my cups says Signal Unit/Squad. Some Signal Corps cups have an incription telling the spesific branch, like telegraph, wireless or radio. Could this be a radio unit? Antenna and signal wave ?
Lookin forward to hear if someone know!
If there are any interest for it, I would love to show some more flag cups.
Thank´s
Kjell
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marcus Wendel
Forum Staff

Re: Flags on Japanese Military sake cups

Postby Marcus Wendel » 20 Dec 2016 17:07

:welcome:

You might wani to post your questions also at http://forum.axishistory.com/viewforum.php?f=65 where there is a very active discussion on the Imperial Japanese forces at war.

Kjell

Re: Flags on Japanese Military sake cups

Postby Kjell » 20 Dec 2016 17:59

I will, thank you!
Kjell

Return to “Asia & the Middle East”