Slovenian national flag

Discussions on flags used in Europe.
Desterniski

Re: Slovenian national flag

Postby Desterniski » 30 Apr 2011 06:36

Legal thesis on two constitutionally valid forms of slovenian flag was recently presented and discussed on leading slovenian website for Heraldry and Vexillology. Check out the link. The text is only in slovenian language, but there are great professional images of new Slovenian tricolore presented beside the text.

http://www.grboslovje.si/novice/article_2011_04_20_0002.php

Desterniski

Postby Desterniski » 20 May 2011 02:17

Is there any forum member out there, who could calculate exact geometrical center (midpoint) of existing slovenian coat of arms? I think it's quite a challenging task. To my knowledge there is only one known attempt out there to calculate it http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/si%27.html which I think is wrong, because it calculates only the midpoint of a grid behind the coat of arms and not the exact geometrical center of the slovenian coat of arms.
Thanx for any help or idea how to do it. :idea:
Whereabouts of the exact geometrical center (midpoint) of existing slovenian coat of arms is of upmost important for legally correct placement of the coat of arms between white and blue flag field of an slovenian existing flag in use.
Slovenian coat of arms with grid.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Armiger

Postby Armiger » 27 May 2011 10:05

If the Slovenians are not allowed to use their traditional flag because it is the same as the Russian's, shouldn't someone tell the Dutch and the Luxembourgers the bad news.
Chris Green

maliri

Postby maliri » 12 Jun 2011 12:51

I like Vexilo's version best;
vertical white-blue-red with the coat of arms in the middle

beto375

Postby beto375 » 04 Jul 2011 11:37

I got a couple...here's my first preposition: If you look closely it follows the color order and the rule of 3rd...I believe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

beto375

Postby beto375 » 04 Jul 2011 11:53

How about this...

beto375

Postby beto375 » 04 Jul 2011 12:21

I'm all out of ideas for today :( here's a wacky version of the Slovenian flag.

Smertios

Postby Smertios » 05 Jul 2011 19:37

I love the vertically aligned design for the slovenian flag. I'd just complete the border of the coat of arms, so the blue doesn't disappear in the middle of the middle band like that...

EDIT: something like this:

Desterniski

Postby Desterniski » 03 Sep 2011 19:42

Smertios! Thanx for your genuine admiration of the vertical version of Slovenian flag. I must say that your vertically aligned design is just excellent. As for the complete red border of the slovenian coat of arms it's essential to appear in reality, but legally (on the constitutional level) its upper arch just doesn't exist. Thanx for the good work! :D

Desterniski

Postby Desterniski » 17 Sep 2011 17:36

In practice the tendency (or need) for vertical demonstrations of traditional Slovenian colours already exist. Inability to demonstrate Slovenian colours in their traditional horizontal arrangement influenced the Slovenian legislative body to adopt regulation on which official Slovenian police badge comprise, not of a horizontally arranged Slovenian colours (as one should expect), but, surprisedly (or not), of diagonally arranged ones. I'm posting all three variations of Slovenian police badge, among which middle (diagonal) variation is official. In the sense of simplicity and vexillology standards, I believe that right (vertical) variation of Slovenian police badge is the most appropriate solution.
Slovenian Police Badge Variations.gif

Return to “Europe”