question on cost of flag production

General discussions on flags and vexillology.
ll88

question on cost of flag production

Postby ll88 » 12 Jan 2015 20:55

What sort of difference is there in the cost of producing flags of complicated designs?

For example what would be the difference in cost between Illinois state flag versus a much simpler design like Texas?

I'd imagine that a lot of this would come down to if the state seal on the Illinois flag is embroidered or not.

Looking online prices seem to be about the same, but prices for consumers doesn't reveal anything about what sort of profit margin the seller makes

Any help is much appreciated.

Leonardo Piccioni

Re: question on cost of flag production

Postby Leonardo Piccioni » 13 Jan 2015 04:51

:welcome: to Flags Forum!

I see you're mainly interested in the production cost, but it's untrue that customer's cost is always the same. There are stores that actually charge the state flags according to their complexity, here's an example (Texas 6x10' flag is $119 while Ohio flag of same size is $180). But, even if they all costed the same, a simpler design would cost less at longer term, because its smaller weight (because of less layers of cloth, etc.) would last more in the wind before becoming unusable — the same reason single-sided flags usually endure longer.
Visit my blogs about flags: Create/Recreate - Flags, etc. | Flag Review |Flags of U.S. States.
Visit the Vexillology Wiki, an initiative to propagate American and Canadian flag proposals.

Return to “Flags and vexillology in general”