A flag for the forum?

Discussions on non-geographical flags and flags used in fictional works.
Sammy

A flag for the forum?

Postby Sammy » 09 Jul 2012 18:38

Marcus Wendel wrote:I think a forum flag would be a great idea!

I agree I have played about a little with the idea and (so far) come up with three proposals. The all feature the uses of the initials of the Flag Forum "FF" along with a letter "V" for Vexillology. The colours (Red,Blue,Green,Yellow, Black) are the same used on the stars FOTW flag and the Olympic rings and can symbolise the continents and the international element of the forum. It also reflects that geographically the forum is separated into continent categories. The white stands for peace.
Flag 1. This is relatively simple the "V" is white and separates the red from the blue and green. The "FF" is clearly seen in yellow and black at the hoist.
Flag 2. The "V" is black and the "FF" extends from the "V" pointing in different directions
Flag 3. is my personal favourite with the F's pointing inwards and touching. At the same time the F's are at an angle and meet at the bottom (of the F) and form a V on its side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Leonardo Piccioni

Re: A banner for the forum?

Postby Leonardo Piccioni » 11 Jul 2012 06:17

I think the best place to discuss about it is in "Other flags" category, isn't it? This place is for "comments & announcement", not for flags.
Other comment: wouldn't it be great if the created topic to discuss forum flags was fitted at "Important Announcement" category.
Visit my blogs about flags: Create/Recreate - Flags, etc. | Flag Review |Flags of U.S. States.
Visit the Vexillology Wiki, an initiative to propagate American and Canadian flag proposals.

Sammy

Re: A flag for the forum?

Postby Sammy » 11 Jul 2012 17:57

Leonardo Piccioni wrote:I think the best place to discuss about it is in "Other flags" category, isn't it? This place is for "comments & announcement", not for flags.
Other comment: wouldn't it be great if the created topic to discuss forum flags was fitted at "Important Announcement" category.

Yes perhaps you are right there it might be better and attract more interest from people on the forum I think its a great idea and would very much like to see other peoples ideas and proposals.

Leonardo Piccioni

Postby Leonardo Piccioni » 14 Jul 2012 03:43

My proposal is based in a different principle: this flag probably won't be used in a physical way, so it needs to be optimized to use at Internet. It's this:

flags-forum.png

The colors are inspired in the forum appearance, so it would look good in a banner (it's the main reason of the flag, isn't it?). "FF" is Flag Forum abbreviation, like in Sammy's flag. The four stars are for the main divisions in forum:
  • Vexillology
  • Heraldry
  • Military insignia
  • Orders, decorations and medals
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Visit my blogs about flags: Create/Recreate - Flags, etc. | Flag Review |Flags of U.S. States.
Visit the Vexillology Wiki, an initiative to propagate American and Canadian flag proposals.

Leonardo Piccioni

Postby Leonardo Piccioni » 14 Jul 2012 04:22

I'm not that good in image edition (being polite with myself), but I was originally thinking in something like this to be forum's banner. I hope this image will help you to understand better my proposal:

banner-flags-forum.png

Sammy

Postby Sammy » 14 Jul 2012 19:19

I must say I really like your design Leonardo.

GoldenWest

Postby GoldenWest » 10 Feb 2013 11:39

of the 2 id go for the last design. Although im not won over

M_L_flags

Postby M_L_flags » 10 Feb 2013 19:08

I saw to my surprise that the picture I used on my website (vexilla-mundi) was misstook for a flag. To be clear its not a flag, only a picture to link to this forum.

I Like the idea of creating a flag for this forum. What is a flag forum without its own flag, right?
I have taken the two F's as basic. Only choosing colors was difficult, so I took the olympic flag and used these colors. But also made a version with the dark and light blue of this forum.

Leonardo Piccioni

Postby Leonardo Piccioni » 10 Feb 2013 20:51

I like very much the last flag.

Return to “Other flags”